- About Us
- Creative Services
- Workshops and Courses
- News and Events
In accordance with the privacy laws of Canada, and specifically the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5), we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our members and any other visitor to glasstronomystudios.ca.
When you view our website, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" – a text file we place on your browser. The cookie enables our web server to recognize and remember you when you visit our website. This allows us to customize and enhance your experience.
Our cookie will be stored on your computer until you choose to delete it. Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Note that if your Internet browser settings are automatically defaulted to block all cookies, you will not be able to use our website the way it was intended. This could significantly impact your visit to our website.
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
• information about your computer and the pages you view on glasstronomystudios.ca;
• information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to glasstronomystudios.ca;
• information you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
• information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our membership services, email notifications, and/or newsletters; and
• any other information that you choose to send to us.
Any personal information submitted to us via glasstronomystudios.ca will be used for the purposes outlined in this Policy. We may use your personal information to:
• administer the website;
• enhance your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
• enable your access and use of membership services available on the website;
• send you general communications (non-marketing);
• send you email notifications you have specifically requested;
• send you our newsletter via email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications); and
• respond to enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information to share in the member section of the website, we or our members may provide it to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their own websites and media platforms.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your consent.
We may disclose personal information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this Policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law in connection with any legal proceedings or to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Except as provided in this Policy, we will not provide your information to third parties. Protecting your personal information
We cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. However, we will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log into the website).
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting a new version on the website. We recommend that you check this page periodically to ensure you understand any changes.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
Please help us keep your personal information up-to-date. Let us know if we need to make any corrections/changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our treatment of your personal information, please contact us in writing in one of the following formats:
2600 John St., Unit 108
Last modified: July 1, 2012